Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Reward of Perseverance

This verse cleverly illustrates the reward of perseverance.

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl;
The one was wise, and a cheery soul;
The other one took a gloomy view,
And bade his friend a sad adieu.
Said the other frog with a merry grin,
"I can't get out, but I won't give in;
I'll swim around till my strength is spent,
Then I'll die the more content."
And as he swam, though ever it seemed,
His struggling began to churn the cream,
Until on top of pure butter he stopped,
And out of the bowl he quickly hopped.

The moral, you ask? Oh, it's easily found.
If you can't get out, keep swimming around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License
This blog and its sister blogs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.